Wednesday, April 9, 2008

life takes full circle......

Finally am going back home…..its really amazing how life takes its turns….since my school and then in college (in delhi university), I never stayed away from home….my dad was always so overprotective of me that he was never comfortable of the fact of me going out with friends…he always wanted me to be home on time safe….so with dad like that, it was tough for me to convince him to move to a hostel when I joined master’s. but hostel was a life changing experience. It made me independent. It made me realize my responsibilities, made me experience some hardships of life as well. I made some dear friends for life while in hostel also, that I’ll cherish for life.

Then came the phd phase. Coming to US was a big big decision. Not for me, but for my parents. But here I was. All alone, with a whole new apartment, whole new responsibilities to deal with. The difference was now I had to study as well do the whole household works. Doing the daily chores, doing the laundry and the dishes, cooking and preparing for exams, managing my financials by myself, shopping for groceries was a whole new experience for me. Although overwhelming in the beginning, I got used to all this soon and it was actually fun for me. But now after almost a year of being here, I want to go back to my home. I need to go see my parents, my place, my friends…just to refresh myself and then start again for the next year.

I guess that why they say, life takes full circles.

No comments: